There are many options when it comes to reducing the visible signs of aging, but there is nothing quite like SCULPTRA®. SCULPTRA® helps restore your youthful appearance with natural-looking and long-lasting results! SCULPTRA® is not a quick fix. It is a unique, minimally invasive option that doesn’t give you away. It provides subtle results over time. It does so by helping to correct the shallow to deep facial wrinkles and folds that appear with aging by replacing lost collagen. The results of SCULPTRA® can last up to two years.
*Click on the image to the right to view the photo gallery – before and after results.
How does SCULPTRA® work?
Works deep in the skin at the source of facial aging, and targets one of the underlying causes: the loss of facial collagen. Poly-L-lactic acid, the main component of SCULPTRA®, begins to work within the deep dermis (underlying skin), where your skin’s structure is reinforced as SCULPTRA® helps to replace lost collagen.
The reinforced collagen structure provides a foundation that gradually restores the look of fullness of your shallow to deep facial wrinkles and folds that have developed over time.
What are the result?
SCULPTRA® gradually and subtly corrects these facial wrinkles and folds. This can provide a refined, youthful-looking appearance that can last up to two years.
What areas can SCULPTRA® treat?
SCULPTRA® is suitable for correcting skin depressions in: skin creases, wrinkles, folds and scars; and for skin aging in: temples, cheeks, marionette lines, jaw, chin, nasolabial folds and malar area. SCULPTRA® is also suitable for large volume corrections of the signs of facial fat loss (lipoatrophy).
SCULPTRA® allows a qualified member of The Derm Centre team to literally “sculpt” your face. SCULPTRA® helps restore natural contours and smooth out wrinkles, creases and folds. Both you and your physician will assess your needs and expectations.
How many treatments are needed?
On average, 3–5 sessions over a 2- to 3-month period (at 4- to 6-week intervals) are needed. The number of treatment sessions you require will depend on various factors, such as your age, how deep your wrinkles are, and the areas you wish to treat. At your initial treatment, your SCULPTRA® your technician will determine with you how many follow-up treatments may be required. It is important to return for all treatment sessions as instructed in order to get the maximum effect.
During the entire treatment process, unwanted deep lines and wrinkles gradually diminish as the skin firms up from the production of your own collagen. The time between sessions gives your SCULPTRA® treatment enough time to work so that you can fine-tune in your follow-up treatments.
SCULPTRA® treatment effects differ from person to person. In many cases, treatment results can last for up to 2 years. Touch-up treatments may be needed to maintain the desired effect. SCULPTRA® achieves its full effect over several weeks, but the visible results will last longer. When SCULPTRA® is first injected, you may notice an immediate plumping effect that occurs from the liquid that was injected. This is NOT SCULPTRA®’s collagen-rebuilding effect. This immediate plumping effect will disappear over the first few days. The original skin depression may even initially reappear. This does NOT mean that SCULPTRA® is not working. To the contrary, SCULPTRA® is discreetly doing its job, and the depression will start to diminish again as the treatment induces the formation of new collagen.
Post Treatment Care Instructions
To ensure the success of the gradual, long-lasting effect of SCULPTRA®, it is important that you comply with the aftercare instructions provided after every SCULPTRA®-treatment session.
Here are a few easy things you will need to do after each session.
- Have an ice pack ready. Apply an ice pack to the treated area intermittently within the first 24 hours after treatment to minimize swelling and bruising. Avoid direct contact of the ice pack with the skin; try wrapping it in a clean washcloth. This can be done 2 to 5 times daily for 5 minutes at a time for 1 to 3 days or until the swelling has completely resolved.
- Give yourself facial massages. Thoroughly massage the treated area in a circular fashion for 5 minutes, 5 times daily for 5 days after each treatment session. This will help provide an even distribution of SCULPTRA® and ensure a natural-looking correction. Use a moisturizing cream to help reduce the friction on the skin surface during massage.
- Avoid excess sunlight and UV exposure. Minimize exposure of the treated area to excessive sun or ultraviolet light until any initial swelling and redness have disappeared. If laser treatment, chemical peeling or any other procedure based on active dermal response is considered after treatment with SCULPTRA®, there is a possible risk of eliciting an inflammatory reaction at the implant site. This also applies if SCULPTRA®is administered before the skin has healed completely after such a procedure.
Source: ©2012 Valeant Canada LP, September 2013
Enhance your appearance today! Contact us for a free cosmetic consultation.
The Derm Centre provides a free cosmetic consultation with all clients so that we can recommend a personalized skin care and treatment program that is medically-safe and clinically effective for you. At each consultation, we will:
- Review your skin concerns and your medical/treatment history
- Conduct a thorough examination of your skin
- Explain any recommended treatments, frequency and costs
- Review pre- and post treatment care instructions
- Answer any questions you may have to ensure you are comfortable with your treatment options