AcuPulse is a safe, simple and cost-effective CO2 laser treatment that delivers outstanding results. It successfully corrects many dermatological and cosmetic skin conditions with reduced side effects resulting in a more comfortable treatment and recovery experience for the patient.
AcuPulse safely and effectively treats:
- superficial facial lines, wrinkles or sun damage and, in the same scan, treats deep irregular lesions too;
- skin furrows and other textural irregularities on larger body areas;
- irregular pigmented lesions at various depths.
How does it work?
Fractional laser skin treatments create areas of treated tissue surrounded by untreated, healthy tissue. Fractional laser creates narrow, deep columns that extend through the epidermis into the dermis through an array of intense laser energy microbeams. The body’s natural healing process creates new, healthy tissue to replace the columns of affected tissue – improving the skin condition being treated.
How many treatments are required?
Two to three treatments will be needed for patients who desire maximum results, especially for treatment of wrinkles around the eyes, mouth and cheeks. Acne scars require a minimum of three treatments for best scar reduction. Patients should consider how quick they would like to see results and how much downtime they are willing to experience when deciding on what type of treatments to have.
How do I prepare for my visit?
Please read our AcuPulse Treatment Care Instructions to understand how to care for your skin before, during and after your treatment.
How does it differ from traditional laser skin treatments?
Traditional full-surface ablative laser skin treatments are performed using a beam of intense laser energy that is passed over the entire skin surface to vaporize the entire top layer of skin. The damage to the tissue is extensive and takes significant time to heal and regrow a new top layer of skin (i.e., re-epithelialize the entire top layer of skin).
Fractional skin treatments deliver laser or high-powered light energy in a pattern. The fractional pattern leaves untreated areas of skin between the treated areas of skin. As these treated areas are much smaller than the surrounding healthy tissue, the healing time is significantly shortened.
Traditional full-surface ablative treatments deliver effective results but require significant downtime – patients experience a much longer healing process, and the risk of complications, including infection, is much greater. Fractional ablative treatments provide results as good as traditional ablative treatments, with far less downtime and risk.
What are the benefits?
Fractional laser skin treatments have three significant benefits as compared to traditional laser skin treatments:
- Increased Comfort – The fractional array of microbeams does not cause bulk damage as traditional ablative treatments do but instead cause small areas of damage each surrounded by undamaged tissue. As a result, fractional treatments are a much gentler laser treatment. Many patients tolerate the treatment well without anesthesia; other patients may opt for a light topical anesthetic. Dr. Taraska may provide an oral sedative and analgesic as well, prior to treatment to provide a more comfortable experience.
- Increased Safety – Following a fractional ablative procedure, each tiny fractional column re-epithelializes (i.e., regrows the missing tissue and closes over) typically within one day. This minimizes the risk of scarring, infection, or long-term pigmentation changes.
- Decreased Downtime – Depending on the type of procedure, most fractional patients can return to normal daily activities almost immediately (for fractional non-ablative treatments) or typically within 4 days (for fractional ablative treatments).
A rapid re-epithelialization helps reduce the chance of infection and minimize complications by quickly protecting the treated tissue while it continues to heal. Acu Pluses fractional approach to laser skin treatment results in re-epithelialization typically within one day, helping to minimize patient risk.
Enhance your appearance today! Contact us for a free cosmetic consultation.
The Derm Centre provides a free cosmetic consultation with all clients so that we can recommend a personalized skin care and treatment program that is medically-safe and clinically effective for you. At each consultation, we will:
- Review your skin concerns and your medical/treatment history
- Conduct a thorough examination of your skin
- Explain any recommended treatments, frequency and costs
- Review pre- and post treatment care instructions
- Answer any questions you may have to ensure you are comfortable with your treatment options