Dermal fillers have been popular for years. People like that these injections can diminish facial lines and plump up sagging skin on their face (and hands). Fillers are also convenient. You can get these injections in a dermatologist’s office, and most fillers have virtually no downtime. Add to this the fact that fillers are safe for all skin colors, and you can see why they’ve become so popular.
This popularity has fueled many advances in dermal fillers. New injection techniques and more FDA-approved fillers are giving patients better results than ever.
What’s better about today’s fillers?
The biggest breakthrough may be that patients are seeing more natural-looking results. Injected properly, you’ll look refreshed. Friends, family, and co-workers, however, aren’t likely to know what you’ve done. The results look that natural.
The breakthroughs go beyond natural-looking results. It’s now possible for fillers to give you:
- Less-noticeable hollow areas under your eyes
- Youthful lips without making your lips bigger
- Younger-looking hands
- An overall more-youthful (and rested) appearance
- Less-painful injections
- Longer-lasting results
5 things you can do to get the best results from fillers
- Find a doctor who knows the skin (such as a board-certified dermatologist) and injects fillers regularly.
- Look for pictures of yourself from a time when you were happy with your appearance.
- Ask to see before-and-after photos of patients whom the dermatologist has treated with fillers.
- Tell your dermatologist about all past cosmetic treatments (i.e., fillers, laser treatments) and surgeries you’ve had.
- Give your dermatologist a list of the medicines and supplements you take.