You don’t need to tolerate the appearance of Rosacea. The Derm Centre has a variety of treatments to control and reduce your symptoms.
Rosacea is a chronic, imflammatory skin condition that affects adults. It can be seen in the face, and primarily the forehead, cheeks, chin, nose and sometimes the eyes. Rosacea is typically cyclic, flaring up for periods of months, and then diminishing again. Left untreated, it will worsen over time. Rosacea is often mistaken for Acne, Eczema or other skin allergies.
- redness or blushing on areas of the face
- small, red, pus filled bumps or pustules
- Red, bulbous nose (Rhinophyma)
- Visible small blood vessels on your nose and cheeks (Telangiectasia)
- blood-shot or gritty sensation in your eyes (Ocular Rosacea)
- a combination of prescription-strength topical medication (lotion, cream or gel)
- oral medication (pill, capsule or tablet)
- Laser / Light Therapies
For more information on Rosacea, please visit our Resources page for detailed information.