The Derm Centre’s comprehensive Acne and Acne scarring treatment program can dramatically improve the appearance of your skin. Acne scars form as a part of the body’s natural healing process due to collagen-damaging inflammation. A combination of medical and cosmetic skin treatments using the latest technology can produce excellent results.
Dr. Taraska will assess your skin condition through a detailed history including a review of previous treatments. After a thorough examination, a personalized treatment program will be recommended for you. The goal of the program will be to target the causes of your acne, clear up active acne, prevent further breakouts, and improve the overall appearance of your skin by reducing further scarring and treating your discoloration and skin damage. A combination of Acne and Acne Scarring treatments deliver the best overall result.
What to avoid?
- Picking and Squeezing: Pus and bacteria will move deeper into the skin resulting in more skin damage.
- Sun: UV rays darken scars and slow the healing process. Use Sunscreen with SPF 30 and zinc oxide, and wear protective clothing.
The Derm Centre team of skin professionals can recommend a personalized skin care and treatment program that is medically-safe and clinically effective for you. At each consultation, we will:
- Review your skin concerns and your medical/treatment history
- Conduct a thorough examination of your skin
- Explain any recommended treatments, frequency and costs
- Review pre- and post treatment care instructions
- Answer any questions you may have to ensure you are comfortable with your treatment options