More radiant, glowing skin can be yours. The Derm Centre can reverse the aging process of your skin with our effective combination of skin therapy programs.
Many of us notice the effects of aging on the skin. Our skin can become dull, sag and there’s all those wrinkles. Several factors contribute to skin changes such as our genetic makeup, nutrition, activity levels and our environment. The greatest factor is the amount of exposure to the sun, which affects people with fair hair and lighter pigmented skin more than others.
In addition to these cosmetic changes, skin changes may also increase our risk of skin injuries and disorders. For example, our skin becomes thinner and more fragile, which makes it more susceptible to tearing; and more difficult to sense touch, pressure and vibration. Blood vessels are also more easily broken, which may lead to bleeding and bruising. Aging skin also heals more slowly, and the loss of subcutaneous fat may also make you feel colder. Changes in diet and activity levels may also lead to more serious illnesses such as blood vessel diseases such as arteriosclerosis, obesity, diabetes and heart disease, which can lead to other skin disorders.
- Elastosis (sagging skin)
- Thickening of the skin
- Cherry Angimas or Hematomas (Bleeding under the skin)
- Pigment Changes (Age Spots)
- Drying Skin (Sebaceous glands produce less oil)
- Subcutaneous fat layer thinning
- Sweat less (risk of heat stroke)
- Noncancerous skin growths (keratoacanthomas)
Aging & Dull Looking Skin Treatments:
- AcuPulse® Laser Treatment
- GentleMax Pro Skin Tightening Laser Treatment
- Cosmetic fillers
- Cosmetic peels
- IPL® (Intense Pulsed Light) Photorejuvenation Treatment
- Silk Peel Microdermabrasion
- Skin Care Products such as Alyria®, Pro-Derm®, Vivier®
- Reduce sun exposure, use sunscreen and cover up when outdoors.
- Use lotions and moisturizers to keep your skin moist.
- Keep well hydrated.
The Derm Centre team of skin professionals can recommend a personalized skin care and treatment program that is medically-safe and clinically effective for you. At each consultation, we will:
- Review your skin concerns and your medical/treatment history
- Conduct a thorough examination of your skin
- Explain any recommended treatments, frequency and costs
- Review pre- and post treatment care instructions
- Answer any questions you may have to ensure you are comfortable with your treatment options