Birthmarks and freckles are often inherited and usually harmless. Skin pigment is located at the base of the epidermis (top skin layer). They may appear anywhere on the body, and usually require no medical treatment. However certain birthmarks, particularly if they are irregular or appear to be rapidly growing, should be examined to ensure there is no underlying disease or risk of skin cancer.
The Derm Centre spot removal treatments are safe and effective for the treatment and remove birthmarks, freckles and other pigmented lesions such as age spots/brown spots. Treatments are used to penetrate the epidermis layer of skin to lighten or remove the pigment.
- Alex TriVantage Laser Treatment
- AcuPulse® Laser Treatment
- IPL® (Intense Pulsed Light) Photorejuvenation Treatment
- Prescription bleaching creams and related products by Proderm® and Vivier®
The Derm Centre team of skin professionals can recommend a personalized skin care and treatment program that is medically-safe and clinically effective for you. At each consultation, we will:
- Review your skin concerns and your medical/treatment history
- Conduct a thorough examination of your skin
- Explain any recommended treatments, frequency and costs
- Review pre- and post treatment care instructions
- Answer any questions you may have to ensure you are comfortable with your treatment options