Melasma is a brown darkening of facial skin, usually cheeks, forehead, nose and chin. It occurs from a number of factors including sun exposure and increases in estrogen and progesterone. Melasma often affects women with dark skin, those who take oral contraceptives or hormone therapy, or those who are pregnant. Melasma typically worsens after sun exposure.
The Derm Centre provides a number of safe, non-invasive and effective treatments for lightening and removing coloured pigments in the skin. We find vast improvements when these treatments are used together.
- AcuPulse® Laser Treatment
- Cosmetic peels
- Silk Peel Microdermabrasion
- Skin Care Products – Pro-Derm® and Vivier®
Please visit our Resources page for information on Sun Safety.
The Derm Centre team of skin professionals can recommend a personalized skin care and treatment program that is medically-safe and clinically effective for you. At each consultation, we will:
- Review your skin concerns and your medical/treatment history
- Conduct a thorough examination of your skin
- Explain any recommended treatments, frequency and costs
- Review pre- and post treatment care instructions
- Answer any questions you may have to ensure you are comfortable with your treatment options