Most people develop skin growths with age, and these can be safely and easily removed. Common concerns include:
- Skin tags: small, excess skin growths often found on overweight people and pregnant women often on the neck and buttocks area
- Seborrhoeic keratoses: small brown warty growths on the face, scalp, chest and back.
- Sebaceous hyperplasia: small, skin coloured bumps usually on the forehead, nose and cheeks of people with oily complexions
- Syringomas: small sweat gland growths found below the eyes.
- Cryotherapy: A very cold liquid is applied to benign and malignant lesions, like warts, to freeze it. The freezing and thawing of the cells destroys it. Its an easy, low cost procedure with good cosmetic results. Superficial basal cell skin cancers can also be treated with cryotherapy.
- Electrodessication: This fast and simple, medically-directed procedure uses electric current to remove skin tags, moles, some brown spots and other skin concerns. A needle-shaped electrode is used to heat and remove the skin tissue in pinpoint areas. An electrosurgical device may then be used to stop any bleeding and cauterize a zone of normal tissue.
- Surgical Removal
Enhance your appearance today! Contact us for a free cosmetic consultation.
The Derm Centre provides a free cosmetic consultation with all clients so that we can recommend a personalized skin care and treatment program that is medically-safe and clinically effective for you. At each consultation, we will:
- Review your skin concerns and your medical/treatment history
- Conduct a thorough examination of your skin
- Explain any recommended treatments, frequency and costs
- Review pre- and post treatment care instructions
- Answer any questions you may have to ensure you are comfortable with your treatment options