Reduce effects of sun damage and rejuvenate your skin quickly and easily with our medical skin care and exceptional technology. You deserve to look younger and healthier, and feel more confident in your own skin.
Age Spots (Solar lentigines / liver spots) are a function of time and environment. Melanin is a dark pigment in the epidermis or top layer of the skin. This pigment protects the other layers of the skin from sun damage. Over time and with exposure to the sun, your skin increases production of melanin to protect itself; and as it does this, the uneven increase in melanin creates the dark spots on your skin.
Age spots are flat, oval spots – usually brown, but they can also be black and gray. They typically develop in older adults, and people with a fair complexion, but they be found on younger people and/or those with darker skin. Age spots appear on the skin that is most exposed to the sun – backs of hands, tops of feet, face and forehead, shoulders and upper back. Age spots range in size up to about 1 cm across, and can group together forming prominent clusters.
True age spots are harmless, however, as the skin pigment is located at the base of the epidermis (top skin layer), you can fade or remove them through cosmetic treatments.
- Alex TriVantage Laser Treatment
- AcuPulse® Laser Treatment
- GentleMax Pro
- IPL® (Intense Pulsed Light) Photorejuvenation Treatment
- Prescription bleaching creams and related products by Proderm® and Vivier®
The best way to prevent age spots and maintain your skin’s youthful appearance is to avoid the sun, particularly during the day, and to cover up and use sunscreen when outdoors.
For more information on Sun Safety, visit our Resources page.
The Derm Centre team of skin professionals can recommend a personalized skin care and treatment program that is medically-safe and clinically effective for you. At each consultation, we will:
- Review your skin concerns and your medical/treatment history
- Conduct a thorough examination of your skin
- Explain any recommended treatments, frequency and costs
- Review pre- and post treatment care instructions
- Answer any questions you may have to ensure you are comfortable with your treatment options